More People Do Trust Fox
Saw this over at Hotair;
Our newest survey looking at perceptions of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, and NBC News finds Fox as the only one that more people say they trust than distrust. 49% say they trust it to 37% who do not.
CNN does next best at a 39/41 spread, followed by NBC at 35/44, CBS at 32/46, and ABC at 31/46.
Predictably there is a lot of political polarization in which outlets people trust. 74% of Republicans trust Fox News, but no more than 23% trust any of the other four sources. We already knew that conservatives don’t trust the mainstream media but this data is a good prism into just how deep that distrust runs.
For Democrats the numbers are a complete opposite- a majority trust all of ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC while only 30% have faith in Fox News. Continuing the trend in our polling over the last few months that independents hate everything, a plurality of them distrust all five outlets we looked at.
I linked it on my previous post because I think there is an interesting phenomenon going on here. According to the poll, “30% of Democrats have faith in Fox News.” That is shocking. That plus the over 20% of the Democratic vote that went to Scott Brown, spells doom for the Democrats later this year. Here in Arkansas, a very Red State, we had two Democratic Congressmen retire due to bad polling numbers. Blanche Lincoln has polled behind every single one of her prospective challengers.
Now that 30% of Democrats actually trust Fox News, what are the other 70% going to think? Are we going to see more Dem on Dem action?
Updated: to fix a typo