Neo-Cons vs Liberals
The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic.
Truer words were never printed.
Two things I admire about Mencken are;
- He spoke his mind all the time, and never pulled any punches.
- He pissed everyone off because of it, especially Democrats and Republicans
There are many reasons to dislike modern Neo-Conservatives and Liberals. My main reason, and I think the underlying reasons for just about everything they do, is because they both are always trying to force everyone to do what they think is a good idea.
Dr. Walter Williams, in a speech that I can’t remember where I heard it from, said that he thinks riding a bike to work everyday is a good idea but he’d be horrified if the government forced everyone to ride their bikes to work. I agree with Dr. Williams 100%.
Some things I don’t like;
- I don’t like being forced by religious groups to live by their ideals.
- I don’t like being forced by environmental groups to live by their green ideals
- I don’t like the Right using Government to spy on it’s own citizens.
- I don’t like the Left using Government to force me to pay to support or pay someone elses’ bills because they refuse to get a job.
- I don’t like the Both Parties using Government to silence my free speech when it doesn’t confirm to the their orthodoxy.
- I don’t like the Both Parties using Government to have me pay, with taxpayers money, funding asinine political pet projects that have absolutely no value other than paying for votes.
There are plenty more things about both parties I hate, and all of them involve how they try to use Government for force their ideals on everyone else.
I’m sure we might disagree on what is deemed a “good idea.” Yet, I hope we all agree that we don’t like it when others try to force their ideas on us.