Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a Prize! That’s what you get with HCR!
Thanks to Woodhull for the title.
The latest gem from Nancy Pelosi:
You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.
But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
I wonder what’s sooo exciting about it.
If you read between the line, what does “prevention, prevention, prevention” mean? Well it means they are going to control your diet, either through outright bans or taxes. Sugar tax, Soda tax, Chocolate tax, Fat tax (I mean taxed per pound you weight), Ban Tea, etc. Of course to the Progressive, these are all for the greater good and are okay. To anyone that values liberty and freedom, these are encroachments by the State and no different than the State telling you, whom you can marry. Of course, I can’t wait to hear the, “we are doing it already so this doesn’t matter” argument from the Left.
So what is so exciting is all the new laws they can pass, so everyone has to live their lives by what politicians like Pelosi say they should. So what happens when an “evil” Republican comes in to power and uses those powers to push their own agenda? Oh then they call it Fascist. Do those liberal progressives even know what logic is?
- RT @JonHaidt: How the liberal left can cast off the alienating election-losing narcissism of the illiberal left. Mark Lilla: https://t.co/… 5 months ago
- RT @saletan: Everyone please keep a straight face as the backtracking goes on. Best scenario is that the liar we elected has lied about his… 5 months ago
- RT @DrToleration: 538 says 1 poll has Johnson w/a 2-3% chance of winning New Mexico, leading to an Electoral College deadlock & election se… 6 months ago
- RT @CatoOnCampus: "Wow! These candidates are great! I'm glad there's no alternative onstage tonight!" said no one. #Cato2016 6 months ago
- RT @CatoInstitute: Not only are immigrants less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans, but they help cut crime. https://t.co/1… 6 months ago
|Seth on Black Swans and Ron Paul|
|Ferd Berfle on The Wedge|
|Ferd Berfle on Obama’s got Style|
|Obama’s got St… on Obama’s got Style|
|Obama’s got St… on The Wedge|
- 9,714 hits