Obama’s got Style
Whether you like him or not, you have to admit that Obama knows how to campaign. (It’s probably the only thing he is good at, but I digress.)
Obama, with one ruling, is turning this election away from economics to social issues. It’s a very smart move, since even bad statistics won’t be able to help him in November. The new decision that Obamacare will cover contraception is a brilliant move. I’m not saying I like it, or that I think its in anyway shape or form a good decision.Looking at it from a campaign point of view though, you start to see what he is trying to do. He is trying to rally his social liberal troops into action. He knows that nothing gets the Left riled up like bashing Christianity. Obama isn’t just bashing Christianity, he is taking the fight to it’s doorsteps. The Left is going to eat it up.
The Left hates Christians. Even if they are Christians themselves, they hate the idea that the Church can dictate what a person can or can’t do. They’d much rather have the State do that. Hypocrites….I know they are, they don’t see it that way though. The contraception ruling also plays into the Pro-Choice vs Pro-life Wedge that has plagued American politics for decades. Obama and the Democrats will try to tie Pro-Choice with contraception as well. This will rally the base on two fronts; Abortion and Religion.
Now all Obama has to do is change his position on Gay Marriage and he’ll have the trifecta of Liberal Social Issues. There is no better way to fool his base into voting for him.
- RT @JonHaidt: How the liberal left can cast off the alienating election-losing narcissism of the illiberal left. Mark Lilla: https://t.co/… 3 months ago
- RT @saletan: Everyone please keep a straight face as the backtracking goes on. Best scenario is that the liar we elected has lied about his… 3 months ago
- RT @DrToleration: 538 says 1 poll has Johnson w/a 2-3% chance of winning New Mexico, leading to an Electoral College deadlock & election se… 4 months ago
- RT @CatoOnCampus: "Wow! These candidates are great! I'm glad there's no alternative onstage tonight!" said no one. #Cato2016 4 months ago
- RT @CatoInstitute: Not only are immigrants less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans, but they help cut crime. https://t.co/1… 4 months ago
|Seth on Black Swans and Ron Paul|
|Ferd Berfle on The Wedge|
|Ferd Berfle on Obama’s got Style|
|Obama’s got St… on Obama’s got Style|
|Obama’s got St… on The Wedge|
- 9,697 hits